The Impact Guild is an independent, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization based in Los Angeles, California, whose mission is to connect, empower and activate people who use media, technology and popular culture for social good and healthy democracies.
As a membership organization, the Impact Guild is comprised of people (i.e., Members) who strive to use their position, platform or power with media to help achieve that mission.
The Impact Guild is dedicated to supporting and growing its membership by providing opportunities for networking, learning, and collaborating around the most pressing issues of our time in the United States and around the world.
All activities, partnerships and programs by the Impact Guild and its Members are guided by the following set of values and beliefs:
● We believe that media, technology, and popular culture can and should be forces for good in society;
● We embrace the power of diversity and inclusion and we treat and represent all people with dignity and respect;
● We recognize the inequities and barriers in our industries to women, people of color, LGBTQ people, communities of faith and other marginalized groups and we are committed to eliminating those impediments;
● We seek to educate our audiences about issues affecting democracy and we encourage civic participation;
● We have an obligation to speak truth to power;
● We work to protect and improve our natural environment;
● We fight for accuracy and authenticity in our work product and work places;
● We are here to use the power of our work for the common good; and
● We commit to building and supporting a global community focused on these values.